A custom build during covid

My husband, Nate, & I live in a perfectly quaint little 3 bedroom house that we love so much. The only thing is that it doesn't have much of a yard. Nate has dreamed of having a yard with hundred of fruit trees, a huge garden, & a big grassy area for our kids to play. I was perfectly content in our little house that we had painted & done some little projects on, like renovating the kitchen, but I would love a big garden & eventually a pool. Nate got the itch to look at some different properties, found one that he liked that I didn't like because of the area, & then he found another that we both liked. He then found a project manager who we hired & who helped us find a builder to hire as well. Throw COVID in there (causing chaos with prices skyrocketing & supply plumeting), our current house flooding, the millions of decisions that come with a custom build (a blessing & a curse), & our second daughter being born (a huge blessing), & you have our crazy, wonderful, stressful, anxiety filled but beautiful past year. I'm going to try to document this process both to remember it, hopefully to remind myself it was worth it because right now I'm not sure if it is, & possilby to helps others going through the same process if I am brave enough to publish it. But eitherway, I want to remember the good & hard times from this past year.

Comments